ADM Open Enrollment Status For The 2022-23 School Year
- Open: K-8 General Education Students (and siblings in grades 9-12 general education)
- Closed: 9-12 General Education Students, K-12 Special Education Students
On October 11th, the ADM Board approved a resolution to participate in open enrollment as a receiving district in grades K-8 for the 2022-23 school year. Presently, based on a review of the factors described in the policy linked below, it has been determined that open enrollment will be closed in grades 9-12 and for special education students in grades K-12 for the 2022-23 school year subject to the exceptions provided for in policy 501.13.
Requesting Open Enrollment
- Application: Parents/guardians wishing to open enroll their child(ren) must fill out an open enrollment application linked below.
- Consideration of Requests: Open enrollment requests into the school district are considered in the order received by the school district with the first open enrollment request given a higher priority than the second open enrollment request and so forth.
- Open enrollment requests into the school district will not be approved if insufficient classroom space exists.
Resolution of The Board Relating to Open Enrollment for the 2022-23 School Year:
Board Policy 501.13 relates to Open Enrollment and states in part as follows:
Open enrollment requests into the school district will not be approved if insufficient classroom space exists. Insufficient classroom space exists when conditions adversely affect the implementation of the educational philosophy and program of the Board. For purposes of this policy, the phrase “insufficient classroom space” shall be determined on a case-by-case basis, a grade level basis and/or a school building basis. “Insufficient classroom space” shall be based on one or more of the following factors: nature of the educational program, grade level, available instructional staff, instructional method, physical space, pupil-teacher ratio, equipment and materials, facilities either being planned or under construction, facilities planned to be closed, finances available, sharing agreement in force or planned, bargaining agreement in force, law or rules governing special education class size, or board-adopted district educational goals and objectives. The Board may also consider other factors deemed relevant by the Board.
Presently, based on a review of the factors described in the policy above, it has been determined that due to insufficient classroom space factors open enrollment will be closed in grades 9-12 and closed for special education students in grades K-12 for the 2022-23 school year subject to the exceptions provided for in policy 501.13. The district reserves the right to close open enrollment in grades K-8 at any time the total enrollment of the district at any grade level meets any of the “insufficient classroom space” factors.
- The Board may consider open enrollment requests of ADM school employees.
- The Board may consider, on a case-by-case basis, open enrollment requests of residents who move out of the district and request to open enroll back to ADM immediately.
Open Enrollment Information
Iowa’s open enrollment laws allow a parent/guardian residing within an Iowa school district to enroll their child(ren) in another Iowa school district. This process is subject to the restrictions of the following sections of Iowa Code:
Please contact Debbie Stiles in the ADM Schools District Office with questions:
- Phone: 515.993.4283 ext. 1001
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person: 215 N. 11th Street, Adel, IA