Student Assistance Program
ADM partners with Employee and Family Resources (EFR) to provide a formal Student Assistance Program (SAP). ADM’s Student Assistance Program is confidential, free, and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please read below for important information about this new program.
What Is A Student Assistance Program?
A student assistance program is here for you when you and your immediate family members are dealing with life’s challenges such as:
- School-life balance
- Family or relationship issues
- Emotional issues
- Alcohol and drug-related issues
- Other issues that interfere with your daily living, happiness, and overall well-being
What Does ADM’s Student Assistance Program Provide?
- Telephone Consultation:
- Phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days each year.
- Phone calls will be answered by a master-level clinician.
- Students and families can make as many phone calls as needed.
- In-Person Counseling:
- Up to six (6) FREE in-person counseling sessions.
- After six sessions, referral options may be provided.
Who Can Use the Student Assistance Program?
- Any student or household family member of a student that attends ADM can use the program for free.
How Do You Use A Student Assistance Program?
- Using the Student Assistance Program is EASY, FREE, and CONFIDENTIAL.
- Simply call 515-244-6090 to get support.
- Please reach out to your building school counselor if you have questions about this program or need additional information.
- Please see the flyers below for more information.
Student Assistance Program (English)
Student Assistance Program (Spanish)
Parent Use: Student Assistance Program