On Tuesday night, the ADM High School Volleyball team qualified for the state volleyball tournament in Coralville for the first time since 2005!
The purpose of this message is to provide information to families about student attendance at the state volleyball tournament games. In short, all ADM students who want to attend the volleyball state tournament are able to attend with parent permission.
Quarterfinals Information: The ADM Tigers will play North Scott at 6:00PM on Monday, October 30, in Coralville at Xtream Arena.
- ADM High School: 2:45 Early Release on 10/30/23
- Due to the number of student drivers anticipated to be driving to the quarterfinal match, ADM High School will dismiss at 2:45 on Monday, October 30.
- Note: Parents may choose to sign students out from the office for an excused absence if families need to leave before the early release time at 2:45.
- All Other Buildings: Normal Release Time on 10/30/23
- All other buildings will be released at the normal time scheduled on Monday, October 30.
- Note: Parents may choose to sign students out from the office as an excused absence if families need to leave before the normal release time.
State Tournament Semifinals and Finals Information: If the Tigers advance to additional rounds of the state volleyball tournament, games will be held during the school day on 11/1 and/or 11/2.
- Due to the timing of these games and the state requirement that school buildings be open a minimum of 1080 hours each school year, ADM will not cancel school for these games.
- Having schools remain open during state volleyball matches ADM’s recent approach to state-level events. This will reduce the likelihood of needing to add school days to the end of the school year to meet the minimum requirement of 1080 hours.
- Note: Families will still be able to sign students out from the office as an excused absence in order to attend these games, but school will still be in session.
ADM Activities Director, Rod Wiebers, will send additional information about ordering tickets and event details to all families.