On Friday, students across the state had the opportunity to participate in “Exercising your Character” through a 45 minute zoom session. During this time, the focus was around the Six Pillars of Character and being healthy. Meadow View Elementary students in grades 2-4 all participated.
When the Six Pillars of Character are put into action, we can make the world a better place. The Six Pillars of Character include:
- Trustworthiness – someone who is loyal and honest
- Respect – taking care of yourself and others; treating others how you want to be treated
- Responsibility – doing the right thing, doing your best, learning from our actions
- Fairness – following the rules and treating people equally
- Caring – be kind and compassionate; forgive others
- Citizenship – cooperate and help your community
Along with fun exercises for the students to do, some of the guest speakers included:
- Kaitlyn Clark (Univ. of Iowa Basketball Player)
- Xavier Nwankpa (Univ. of Iowa Football Player)
- Spencer Lee (Univ. of Iowa Wrestler)
- Allen Lazard (Green Bay Packers Wide Receiver)
The guest speakers were able to share the importance of each pillar, along with sharing some interesting facts about themselves.
Our students and staff had so much fun during this time and will continue to show our character!