This past week, preschool through first grade students completed bus evacuation drills, something we do twice per school year. The purpose of these drills is for students to know bus safety and what do in case of an emergency.
The teachers go over a powerpoint in the classroom before students go out to practice. This powerpoint covers a variety of information, such as:
- face forward
- legs, arms, and book bags out of the aisle
- Hands and heads inside the windows
- stay seated
- use inside voices
- no food or drink
- always listen and obey the driver
- emergency exits and where they are located
- how to properly and safely exit the bus
- how to cross in front of the bus, safely
We want to thank the bus drivers for their time in helping our students practice!