ADM School Board Elections
On Tuesday, November 2, 2021, ADM residents will head to the polls to vote for the men and women to serve on the ADM School Board. School board members are elected to serve four-year terms, with elections taking place in odd-numbered years. Those elected receive no pay.
What You Need To Know:
- Who: School Board members are required to be residents in the ADM School District. While there is no “ideal” board member profile, the Iowa Association of School Boards suggests voters look for these basic characteristics in candidates in order to elect effective board members.
- They must have a laser-like focus on improving achievement for all students.
- They act with professionalism and integrity when monitoring district finances.
- They understand the board’s roles and responsibilities.
- They work well as a member of a team.
- They can commit the time and energy required to be effective.
- What: Two seats currently held by Rod Collins and Bart Banwart are up for election for four year terms. Newly elected School Board members will serve through November 2025.
- How: Candidate nomination packets can be picked up from the ADM Business Manager, Eric Brown at the ADM District Administration Center – 215 North 11th Street, Adel, IA 50003.
Important Dates: (View All Important Dates)
- August 23: First day to file nomination papers with the ADM Board Secretary. Contact Board Secretary Eric Brown by phone at 515-993-4283 ext. 7040 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 16: Last day to file nomination papers with the ADM Board Secretary. Deadline is 5:00 PM. Papers must be delivered in person to the District Administration Center – 215 North 11st Street, Adel, IA 5003.
- September 17: ADM Board Secretary will deliver nomination papers to the controlling commissioner. The deadline is noon.
- September 21: Last day candidates may withdraw. Last day written objections to nomination papers or eligibility of candidates may be filed. Deadline is 5:00 PM
- November 2: School election day. Polls are open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM
How To Get Started:
Questions? Please contact ADM Business Manager Eric Brown by phone at 515-993-4283 ext. 7040 or email at email@example.com.