ADM Community Schools would like to provide families and staff with an update on COVID-19, commonly referred to as Coronavirus. At this time, there are no reported cases in Iowa and the vast majority of Americans have a low risk of exposure.
However, given recent announcements by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control that Coronavirus may spread – and that cases of influenza are regularly reported – we wanted to share some additional information about steps that ADM is taking as well as steps you can take to help prevent the spread of viruses. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to maintain a healthy learning environment.
WHAT IS ADM DOING?
ADM is in regular contact with the Dallas County Public Health and the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), and following guidelines and best practices from those entities.
In recent weeks ADM has reviewed our cleaning and disinfecting practices at schools to help prevent the spread of viruses and have recently increased our cleaning and safety supplies.
ADM will continue to monitor the situation with county and state health officials. Should Iowa’s status change, the district will turn to the IDPH and the CDC and follow any updated guidelines.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
Review good hygiene with your family to help keep them safe. Examples of some everyday preventive actions to lessen the spread of viruses include:
- If a student or staff member is sick, do not come to school.
- Cover your mouth with your upper arm or a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Stay informed and look for information on this virus and situation from reliable and trusted expert sources: