Adel DeSoto Minburn School Business Official Position
Apply at: https://tinyurl.com/admsboposition
Application period: Oct. 19- Nov. 20
District Websites: https://www.admschools.org
- Oct. 18- Nov. 20 Application period
- Nov. 26 Candidate pool review
- Dec. 4 Candidate screening interviews
- Dec. 18 Formal interviews with finalists
District Mission Statement: We are committed to engaging ALL students in a challenging and supportive environment that ensures ALL students learn at high levels
- Current Iowa School Business Official Authorization or a proposed plan to receive authorization within 3 months of earning the position
- Ability to successfully meet the Iowa School Business Official Standards
- Demonstrates professional and ethical conduct. (Standard 8, b, f)
- Successful SBO experience and strong understanding of Iowa School Finance. (Standards 1 and 2)
- Leadership Ability (Standard 6)
- Ability to lead direct reports
- Ability to collaborate effectively/thrive in a PLC culture
- Effective communication skills
- Committed to high levels of learning for all students (our mission) and contributes to efforts to achieve district goals (Standard 6 and 8)
- Committed to Professional Growth (Standard 7)
About the District:
The Adel DeSoto Minburn (ADM) Community School District is a growing district that serves students in the communities of Adel, DeSoto, Minburn, and the surrounding areas. The district is composed of ADM High School, ADM Middle School DeSoto Intermediate and Adel Elementary. A new elementary is scheduled to open fall 2021.
The ADM School District is a vibrant district, uniquely positioned at the intersection of suburban and small town Iowa just outside the Des Moines metro area. The district is comprised of the communities of Adel, DeSoto, and Minburn, along with the surrounding area.
ADM’s enrollment is over 2,000 students this year with over 100 new students for 2019-20. A bond issue for a new 2-4 elementary passed in June 2019 with 80% approval. Construction is set to start this winter with completion targeted for August 2021. ADM’s enrollment projections call for increasing enrollment for the next several years.
ADM operates as a Professional Learning Community and all teachers are members of a collaborative team that focuses on achieving our mission of high levels of learning for all students. The district has an early out every Friday for the collaborative teams to meet. Our PLC framework is grounded in being relentlessly focused on learning, collaboration, and results. The district is in the second year of a major technology initiative that includes a Chromebook device for all students in grades 3-12 and a two-to-one ratio of students to devices in grades PK-2.
ADM’s financial health is very good. The solvency ratio at the end of fiscal year 2019 was 14.40% and is expected to be above 15% at the end of fiscal year 2020. The district has an unspent balance ratio over 30%. Salaries and benefits made up 78.58% of total General Fund expenses in 2019. ADM continues to have more open enrolled in students than open enrolled out.
The ending fund balances in the other District funds were also strong: Activity Fund, $207,455, Management Fund, $1,809,112, SAVE Fund, $5,741,719, PPEL Fund, $571,495, Nutrition Fund, $378,299, and Before and After School Day Care Fund, $237,709.
Adel is the county seat of Dallas County, one of the fastest growing county in the state of Iowa and the United States of America. Adel’s most recognizable landmark is the Dallas County Courthouse, a 1902 structure which draws architectural inspiration from a French castle.
DeSoto residents enjoy a particularly convenient location at the intersection of U.S. Highway 169 and Interstate 80, which has resulted in both residential and business growth in the community in recent years.
Minburn is on Highway 169, in the heart of Dallas County. You’ll find a grain elevator, church, two veterinarians, library, phone company and bank, with a wonderful nature preserve just west on F31. The Raccoon River Bike Trail has also added a new 33-mile loop for riders and walkers.
- Facilities Planning Page: https://www.admschools.org/district-2/facility-master-planning/
- Academic Calendar: https://www.admschools.org/district-2/academic-calendar/
- Technology for Learning Initiative: https://www.admschools.org/district-2/technologyforlearning/
- Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/ADMCommunitySchools
- Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/admschools
For more information about the position itself or hiring timeline please visit the Grundmeyer Leader Services website at https://www.grundmeyerleadersearch.com/ or contact search consultants Dr. Trent Grundmeyer (515-205-9987 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Kevin Fiene 515-468-5761 or email@example.com.