The following proposed 2019-20 ADM Academic School Calendar has been developed by administration and teachers.
Key academic dates and features of the proposed 2019-20 calendar include:
- First Day of School: 8/26/19
- Winter Break: 12/23/19 – 1/1/20
- Spring Break: 3/13/20 – 3/20/20
- Commencement: 5/24/20
- Last Day of School: 5/29/20
New features of the proposed 2019-20 calendar include:
- Fall conferences have been moved to the first full week of November.
- All full day professional development days have been moved to Fridays.
- The current practice of twice monthly 1:00 Wednesday early dismissals has been eliminated.
- Weekly Friday early dismissals at 2:00 PM have been added for teacher collaboration and professional development, which are essential components of Professional Learning Communities (PLCs).
The ADM Board of Education reviewed and discussed the proposed 2019-20 calendar at the December and January regular board meetings. A public hearing for the proposed 2019-20 ADM Academic School Calendar will take place on February 11, at 6:00 PM at the next regular board meeting.