ADM is excited to announce that Jacob Cleveland, former Head Boys Basketball Coach at Des Moines East High School and assistant high school basketball coach at Waukee High School, has accepted the position of Head Girls Basketball Coach at ADM, pending board approval. Jacob is currently a Social Studies teacher at Waukee Timberline and will remain in that position.
Coach Cleveland was the head boys basketball coach at Des Moines East from 2014 to 2017. Prior to his position at Des Moines East, he was an assistant coach at Waukee since 2007 with coaching experience in both the boys and girls programs.
Coach Cleveland prides himself in building a girls basketball program that represents the community of Adel Desoto Minburn in a positive manner while developing young women to passionately serve and be an asset to society. He plans to achieve this by:
- Producing an exciting, entertaining, and successful program that brings pride to the ADM community.
- Developing yearly community service projects in which our athletes learn to be unselfish and humble and give back to the community.
- Promoting school and community spirit by attending and supporting other ADM activities.
- Promoting confidence and high self-esteem in young women by instilling a high self-worth and pride.
- Learning to work as a team to accomplish common goals.
Jacob and his family currently reside in Clive. Coach Cleveland stated, “the ADM community and school district is a close-knit family with a rich tradition of academics, athletics, and producing leaders. The cities of Adel, DeSoto, and Minburn have always supported their school, students, and athletes. This is a dream job for me and I am eager to work with a community with so much pride and enthusiasm. My goal is to have success on and off the court and to build a K-12 program that the citizens of ADM can be proud of”.
“We’re excited to have Coach Cleveland joining us at ADM,” said ADM Activities Director, Reece Satre. “Jacob not has only head coaching experience, but also a wealth of experience in a quality program at Waukee. In addition to having a clear vision for our girls basketball program, he understands the value of developing multi-sport athletes in our girls athletic program at ADM. I’m excited to have Coach Cleveland get started and begin implementing his vision for girls basketball from the youth level through high school.”