2017 School Board Election
The 2017 School Board election will be held on Tuesday, September 12.
There are a total of two seats that will be on the ballot this year:
- At-Large (2 seats)
To run for the School Board a candidate must file an affidavit of candidacy and submit a petition with the signatures of at least 50 eligible voters no later than 5:00 PM on Thursday, August 3. Candidates must be a resident of the school district.
The forms to file to be a candidate may be downloaded here:
The completed affidavit and nominating petition must be returned to Nancy Gee at the ADM District Administration offices at 215 N. 11th Street in Adel by 5:00 PM, Thursday, August 3.
For additional information, be sure to visit the Iowa Secretary of State’s web site.
In addition, the Iowa Association of School Boards has posted information of interest for candidates.
- Monday, July 10 – First day to file nomination papers with the school board secretary.
- Thursday, August 3 – Last day to file nomination papers with the school board secretary. Deadline is 5:00 PM.
- Friday, September 1 – The deadline to pre-register to vote for the school election is 5:00 PM.
- Friday, September 8 – Last day to request an absentee ballot by mail.
- Monday, September 11 – Last day to request and vote an absentee ballot in person at the county auditor’s office.
- Tuesday, September 12 – School Election Day. The polls are open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Adel Library: 303 S 10th St. Adel
- DeSoto United Methodist Church: 421 Dallas St. DeSoto
- United Methodist Church: 705 Chestnut St. Minburn