Why Substitute Teach At ADM?
Located just 8 minutes west of the Des Moines metro area, the ADM Community School District has a history of high academic levels of achievement and receives strong support from parents, students, and the local community. Take a look at the following resources to learn more at ADM.
Substitute Teacher Pay
- Daily Rate: $165.00
- Daily Rate Retired Teachers 185.00
- Long Term Sub Daily Rate (after 10 consecutive days subbing in the same position): $193.48
How to Apply?
Step 1: Submit Certification Documentation
Directions: The following documents should be sent to Debbie Stiles, Assistant to the Superintendent, at email@example.com or mailed/dropped off at 215 North 11th Street, Adel, IA 50003. Contact Debbie Stiles at 515-993-4283 ext. 1001 with any questions. Please review the AEA Learning Online directions at the following link: ADM Employment Forms prior to starting your required trainings.
- Current Iowa Teaching License or Substitute Authorization
- Mandatory Reporter Child Abuse Certificate (please review training directions prior to starting)
- Mandatory Reporter Adult Abuse Certificate
- Both Mandatory Reporter Certificates are required simultaneously and expire 3 years from the earliest date taken
- Bloodborne Pathogens Certificate (valid for one year from date taken)
- Right to Know Hazardous Chemicals Certificate (no expiration date)
- Chapter 103 Overview of Seclusion and Restraint (valid for three years from date taken)
- College transcript (must be a copy of an “official” transcript. Unofficial not accepted)
Step 2: Complete Required Employment Forms:
Directions: All required forms listed below can be found at the following link: ADM Employment Forms. All completed forms should be sent to Debbie Stiles, Assistant to the Superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed/dropped off at 215 North 11th Street, Adel, IA 50003. Contact Debbie Stiles at 515-993-4283 with any questions.
- I9 – two support documents required as listed
- Federal W4
- Iowa W4
- Direct Deposit Form
- Employment Physical Form (no more than four months prior to start date)
- Technology Acceptable Use Policy (read, review, and sign)
Step 3: Complete Background Check (exempt if initial license status)
Directions: A background check form will be emailed to you. Respond to email received within 7 days to initiate the process.
Contact Debbie Stiles at 515-993-4283 ext. 1001 with any questions.