At ADM, we strive to provide an educational environment where all students feel supported and challenged to achieve to their potential, building a foundation for success in college, career, and as lifelong learners.
Elementary (Preschool through 5th Grade)
In addition to our consistently high academic achievement ratings across the board, the district strives to be a leader in some of the most crucial areas impacting our children today. Our youngest students benefit from our preschool program for 3 and 4 year old students, widely-recognized literacy programming, and a commitment to regular evaluation of our curriculum and methods in all subject areas and at all grade levels. Students at all grade levels are given the opportunity to grow and express themselves in art, music, and physical education specials, and special education and gifted education programs are offered at both Adel Elementary and DeSoto Intermediate.
Secondary (6th through 12th Grade)
Many of the most in-demand jobs in Iowa and across the nation are in STEM – science, technology, engineering, and mathematics – fields. ADM’s offerings in these areas rival those of even the largest districts in the state, and include such offerings as:
- PLTW Engineering, a three-course sequence that introduces students to engineering principles and civil engineering.
- PLTW Computer Science, a sequence of up to four courses that culminates in PLTW Computer Science Applications, which is dual-billed as AP Computer Science and will prepare students for the AP Computer Science exam.
- PLTW Biomedical Science, which includes three courses focused on principles of biomedical science, human body systems, and medical interventions.
- Agricultural Technology, a new program for the 2015-16 school year that is comprised of four courses in the areas of food and natural resources, plant science, animal science, and agricultural business.
- Middle School Gateway to Technology (GTT), a PLTW program that provides 7th graders with an introduction to engineering, including focus areas of design & modeling and automation & robotics.
Additionally, ADM High School offers 12 Advanced Placement courses and access to 11 Career Advantage and Career Academy courses, each of which give students the opportunity to get a head start on college by earning credit for college-level coursework in high school.