Iowa law requires school districts to provide free transportation to students in grades K-8 living more than two miles from their assigned schools (as determined by primary residence), and in grades 9-12 living more than three miles from ADM High School.
However, ADM currently provides free transportation to all students regardless of the distance from their assigned school. Your child’s safety is the top priority for our entire transportation staff.
All students who will receive bus transportation services must be registered via Infinite Campus Online Registration. Registration is necessary in order to:
- secure a seat on the bus for the student
- generate a bus pass that must be presented to the bus driver
- ensure that pickup/drop off locations will be convenient
- improve route-planning and equipment allocation efficiency
- promote safety by ensuring that bus rosters are up-to-date at all times
To make changes to transportation needs during the school year, complete the form below:
Bus Routes and Stops
- Bus stop placements are determined by the Transportation Department, and are based on established criteria.
- Current riders may or may not be assigned to the same stop used in previous years.
- Riders will be assigned a bus stop determined by one address for AM and one address for the PM.
- Multiple pick up and drop off locations cannot be assigned for different days of the week.
- Riders are required to carry a bus pass for boarding the bus.
- Bus passes will be distributed via mail or in person before the first day of school.
- Routes are finalized in late summer.
- Parents are notified in August via email regarding the stop location(s) and time(s).
- Bus stop locations and times can be accessed via the Infinite Campus portal by clicking the Transportation tab for each child.
- Under the State of Iowa code #285.1-4: Districts are not required to maintain seating space on school buses for students, if the students do not or will not regularly utilize the Districts transportation service for extended periods during the school year.
Bus Pass Acronyms:
- Minburn Elementary – ME
- Adel Elementary – AE
- DeSoto Intermediate – DI
- Middle School – MHS
- High School – MHS
- District Administration Center – DAC (Previously Old Middle School – OMS)
- Kids Korner Two – KK2
ADM Bus Garage
1608 Grove Street
Adel, Iowa 50003